That is Why the Turkish Government could Pay 1 Billion Euros


Date posted: July 30, 2021

Editorial Team

It seems that the bias of the Supreme Constitutional Court, the highest judicial body in Turkey, with the country’s president Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his ruling party “Justice and Development”, in some pending cases, may force the Turkish government to pay a large sum of money, according to a prominent computer expert, who monitors erroneous decisions of the Constitutional Court on Internet applications used by Turkish citizens.

Tuncay Beşikci, a well-known expert on “digital forensic ” in Turkey said the Supreme Constitutional Court continues to make mistakes in relationship to ByLock, which has been providing its users with a private and encrypted communication service since 2014.

“The compensation to be awarded by the European Court of Human Rights in relation to the ByLock application can exceed one billion euros, “Beşikci said on his official Twitter account, noting that” the highest judicial body in the country continues to make mistakes regarding this application. “

He added that “the total compensation to be decided by the European Court of Human Rights could exceed one billion euros, while the Turkish authorities adhere to the decisions of the Supreme Court and the Anti-Smuggling and Organized Crime Division, which fails to conclude surveys launched years ago to monitor ByLock users and the content of their conversations “, based on his expectations. government to pay fines to complainants.

Last week, the European Court, based in the French city of Strasbourg, ruled that using the ByLock application was not sufficient evidence to detain a person. He also acknowledged that the complainant, a Turkish policeman, was compensated for € 12,000 by the government of his country after filing a complaint against him. in earlier, after being imprisoned after using the application that Ankara pursues to its users.

Fethullah Gulen

Ankara has intermittently launched several security campaigns, targeting ByLock users in the country, under the pretext of their association with Turkish preacher Fethullah Gulen, whom Erdogan accuses of being behind the failed coup attempt on his government. July 15, 2016.

And Ankara has detained, in lots, thousands of people who have used this application, including a large number of security officers and policemen, and some of them have been jailed for years after being convicted by local courts in Turkey.

Turkey officially accuses Gülen’s loyalists, former employees of the National Agency for Science and Technology, of creating this application, which Erdogan described as “the secret means of communication between the coup leaders” and that “no one uses it except those belonging to the Gulen movement. “

Source: AsumeTech , July 29, 2021


Related News

22 Kosovo Police officers under investigation for deporting Turkish ‘Gulenists’

Kosovo’s Special Prosecution has confirmed to have received a criminal report against 22 police officers who were involved in the arrest and deportation of six Turkish nationals in March 2018 suspected of their alleged links with Fethullah Gulen’s movement.

Turkey’s ‘Nazi-style’ purge of academia condemned

The mass sacking of more than 1,200 academics in Turkey has been compared to tactics used in Nazi Germany. Jean Asselborn, Luxembourg’s foreign minister, made his comments shortly after Turkish authorities released a list of 1,273 academics fired from public universities on 29 October.

Gulen admits meeting key figure in Turkey coup plot, dismisses Erdogan’s ‘senseless’ claims

In an exclusive interview with FRANCE 24, Fethullah Gulen admitted meeting a key figure in Turkey’s July 2016 attempted coup. But the Turkish cleric said that a mere visit from one of his followers isn’t proof he orchestrated the failed coup.

‘Erdoğan has replaced 1980 coup generals’

Dr. Selim Kaptanoğlu, former Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) politician and former doctor of late iconic MHP leader Alparslan Türkeş, said on Tuesday that President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has replaced the National Security Council (MGK) of the Sept. 12, 1980 military coup by amassing power.

Pro-gov’t daily repeats Bharara controlled by Gülen movement, calls him ‘stupid’

One of the staunchly pro-government newspapers in Turkey, the Star, daily has repeated earlier claims about a US attorney, saying that he is controlled by the faith-based Gülen movement and “stupid.”

Fethullah Gulen’s Message on the Anniversary of the Coup Attempt in Turkey

Saturday is a sad moment in Turkish history as it marks one year since the deplorable coup attempt that resulted in the death of hundreds and injuries of thousands. On this occasion I reiterate my condemnation of the despicable putsch and its perpetrators, and extend my sincere condolences to the families and loved ones affected by this horrible tragedy.

Latest News

Fethullah Gulen – man of education, peace and dialogue – passes away

Fethullah Gülen’s Condolence Message for South African Human Rights Defender Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Hizmet Movement Declares Core Values with Unified Voice

Ankara systematically tortures supporters of Gülen movement, Kurds, Turkey Tribunal rapporteurs say

Erdogan possessed by Pharaoh, Herod, Hitler spirits?

Devious Use of International Organizations to Persecute Dissidents Abroad: The Erdogan Case

A “Controlled Coup”: Erdogan’s Contribution to the Autocrats’ Playbook

Why is Turkey’s Erdogan persecuting the Gulen movement?

Purge-victim man sent back to prison over Gulen links despite stage 4 cancer diagnosis

In Case You Missed It

An in-depth Interview with TUSKON President Meral

Editorial Opinion: Mistreating [Turkish] Teachers

Malian Medical Students: Ramadan feels different this year

The İmralı peace process and defaming the Hizmet movement

Afghan Students, families baulk at Turkey taking over schools

International “Evolution of Teacher Training Conference” took place in Minsk

Fethullah Gulen’s books draw booklovers at Riyadh book fair

Copyright 2025 Insightful Neighbor