Governor’s office rejects Kimse Yok Mu’s application for aid campaign

Head of the Kimse Yok Mu Charity İsmail Cingöz (Photo: Today's Zaman)
Head of the Kimse Yok Mu Charity İsmail Cingöz (Photo: Today's Zaman)


Date posted: November 19, 2015

The İstanbul Governor’s Office has rejected an application by the Kimse Yok Mu charity to conduct an aid campaign to help the families of victims killed in terrorist Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) attacks.

Kimse Yok Mu is a charitable organization that is active in 113 countries around the world.

Announcing the decision by the governor’s office to reject the application, Kimse Yok Mu President İsmail Cingöz wrote on Twitter the application was rejected based on Article 29 of Law No. 2,860 on the collection of charitable donations.

However, Cingöz said there is no legal basis for the governor’s office to reject their application because the aid campaign is lawful and was prepared in accordance with the requirements mentioned in the law. Cingöz said their aid campaign does not violate the law at all, highlighting that all the official documents had already been sent to the governor’s office and that all of Kimse Yok Mu’s aid campaigns were conducted according to the same criteria determined by the governor’s office.

Cingöz said officials from the governor’s office are engaging in misconduct by constantly rejecting any aid campaign planned by Kimse Yok Mu, adding they are also engaging in clear discrimination and hate speech against the charity. He said Kimse Yok Mu will seek legal redress.

Condemning the governor’s office over its discrimination against Kimse Yok Mu, Cingöz called on the İstanbul Governor’s Office and the İstanbul Provincial Directorate of Associations to end their unlawful actions and smear campaign against Kimse Yok Mu based on baseless charges and allegations.

Kimse Yok Mu, which has had consultative status in the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) since 2010, became a target of the Justice and Development Party’s (AK Party) ongoing hate campaign against the Gülen movement — popularly known as the Hizmet movement and inspired by the ideas of Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen — after a major graft probe came to light on Dec. 17, 2013, implicating people from the inner circle of the AK Party and President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, who was prime minister at the time.

Kimse Yok Mu is affiliated with the movement.

Erdoğan and AK Party figures accuse sympathizers of the Gülen movement, especially those in the police force and the judiciary, of trying to overthrow the government by launching the graft probe, despite having no evidence to support their accusations. Hizmet, whose supporters are inspired by the views of Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, has rejected all the accusations.

In October 2014, the Cabinet restricted Kimse Yok Mu’s right to collect donations without obtaining prior permission from the relevant authorities, and as a result the organization cannot use written or visual media to promote its donation campaigns, leaving the Kimse Yok Mu website as the primary means of providing information about donation campaigns.

Most recently, an investigation against Kimse Yok Mu came to light after Ankara Chief Public Prosecutor Musa Yücel sent a subpoena to Kimse Yok Mu’s management in April of this year asking the charity to send him information about the organization’s activities for Eid al-Adha (Feast of the Sacrifice) in 2011. When Hizmet’s lawyers went to the Ankara Courthouse on April 16, they found that the investigation included charges of being an “armed terrorist organization.” However, because the Ankara 4th Penal Court of Peace had ordered that the details of the investigation remain confidential, the lawyers could not examine the contents of the investigation file.

Source: Today's Zaman , November 18, 2015


Related News

Gülen issues message of condolences for slain prosecutor Kiraz

Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen has offered his deep condolences to family of Prosecutor Mehmet Selim Kiraz, who was killed after a deadly hostage crisis on Tuesday.

Alevis and Sunnis to Search for Peace and a Future Together at Abant Meeting

Upcoming 30th meeting of the Abant Platform will search for a peaceful common future for Alevis and Sunnis who have been living peacefully together in Anatolia despite external provocations and some unwanted interruptions. The coexistence in the past promises hope for future. The meeting is themed as “Alevis and Sunnis: Searching for Peace and a Future Together,” which will be attended by intellectuals who will also be part of the solution.

Today’s Zaman offers condolences to families of mine victims

Today’s Zaman also calls on Turkish officials to do their utmost to regulate privately owned and operated mines to ensure the safety of all workers and miners. The tragic incident in the Soma mine once again reveals the need for a stronger inspection of mines including the safety conditions of workers in line with international standards.

3 journalists detained after interview with jailed Gülen-linked businessman

Three local journalists in Turkey’s Gaziantep province were detained by police after releasing an interview with jailed businessman Ahmet Selim Ener, who was imprisoned over alleged links to the Gülen movement.

Crimes Against Humanity in Erdogan’s Turkey

The seventh stage [of genicide] is “Preparation.” Erdogan and his supporters direct violent phrases at Hizmet participants, including “they will not have access to food and water” and “they will beg us to kill them to avoid torture.” Widespread propaganda calls Hizmet participants “assassins,” “terrorists” or pawns of foreign powers such as the CIA, Mossad or the Vatican.

Kimse Yok Mu heals wounds in the Philippines

Having earlier delivered Turkey’s relief aid to the Filipino flood victims, Kimse Yok Mu Foundation now gears up for a polyclinic and an orphanage as a part of its permanent aid initiatives in the region.

Latest News

Fethullah Gulen – man of education, peace and dialogue – passes away

Fethullah Gülen’s Condolence Message for South African Human Rights Defender Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Hizmet Movement Declares Core Values with Unified Voice

Ankara systematically tortures supporters of Gülen movement, Kurds, Turkey Tribunal rapporteurs say

Erdogan possessed by Pharaoh, Herod, Hitler spirits?

Devious Use of International Organizations to Persecute Dissidents Abroad: The Erdogan Case

A “Controlled Coup”: Erdogan’s Contribution to the Autocrats’ Playbook

Why is Turkey’s Erdogan persecuting the Gulen movement?

Purge-victim man sent back to prison over Gulen links despite stage 4 cancer diagnosis

In Case You Missed It

TUSKON brings together businesswomen from Turkey, Russia

Which Turks hate Israel most?

EU Criticizes Kosovo, Turkey Over Deportation Of Six Erdogan Political Foes

Micro-Finance and Vocational Training for Empowerment of Women

More emphasis should be given to improving students’ functional skills

Ministry of Defense and Orizont High School to Cooperate in the Educational Area

Journalist and Writers Foundation welcomes EP’s transparency calls to Hizmet movement

Copyright 2025 Insightful Neighbor