Kimse Yok Mu providing assistance to Ebola victims in Guinea


Date posted: April 30, 2014

GUINEA

Turkish aid organization Kimse Yok Mu has been supplying medical aid to Guinea since March, when the lethal Ebola virus struck the West African country, claiming 122 lives to date.

With the help of Guinean Minister of Family and Social Affairs Camara Sanaba Kaba and Guinean Minister of Communication Alousseni Makanera Kake, Kimse Yok Mu delivered aid from Turkey to areas most affected by the epidemic. The aid organization provided Guineans with 9,000 packages of detergent, 10,000 bottles of chlorine, one ton of soap, 200 bottles of antiseptic liquid, 1,000 masks and 50 boxes of gloves, valued at TL 50,000.

Veysel Kayabaşı, Kimse Yok Mu’s coordinator of health aid, said all border crossings to Guinea have been closed due to the Ebola epidemic and that more precautions are urgently needed to stop the virus from spreading. Kayabaşı added that they have been doing their best to stem the epidemic and explained that there is no known cure for Ebola. Experts have been warning locals not to eat wild animals or bats, which carry the disease; they are also being educated on hygiene. “We are supporting them by raising awareness,” Kayabaşı noted.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has announced that the Ebola virus, seen in Guinea for the first time in March, is the most dangerous virus that exists in the world. The WHO noted that 25 percent of people afflicted with Ebola end up dying; unless precautions are taken early, they warn, the death rate might rise to 90 percent.

It is estimated that nine out of 10 Ebola patients receive the virus from a wild animal; as such, consuming wild animal meat has been prohibited in the region.

Ebola was first seen in 1976 in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Since then, almost 300,000 people have died in 15 separate epidemics. Ebola is transmitted to humans via blood and other body fluids.

Source: Todays Zaman , April 29, 2014


Related News

First female chairwoman appointed at Kimse Yok Mu

The former chairman of the Kimse Yok Mu foundation, İsmail Cingöz, announced on Friday that Ayşe Özkalay will take the reins of the charity, making her the first female at the helm of the organization.

Turkey needs a new constitution to save its democracy

Until recently Turkey was seen as an example of a country that prospered while maintaining a democratic government run by observant Muslim leaders. No longer. A small group within the government’s executive branch is holding to ransom the entire country’s progress. The support of a broad segment of the Turkish public is now being squandered, along with the opportunity to join the EU.

Unimpressed by Turkish ‘parallel structure’ defense, MEPs approve critical report

A EP committee has approved a report on Turkey that criticizes the government’s handling of a corruption investigation, despite a last-minute letter from the Turkish government claiming that a set of controversial measures taken in the wake of the probe were designed to fight a “parallel structure” within the state.

Kimse Yok Mu’s Healing Hand Extended to Two Thousand Nepalis

Kimse Yok Mu Foundation continues to extend a helping hand to Nepal. With the support of Nepal’s Ministry of Health, KYM is getting ready to treat 2,400 Nepalis who are suffering from cataracts. The patients are of limited means and the surgeries performed will be free of charge.

Turkish NGO sends aid to Syrians

Turkish NGO “Kimse Yok Mu” Association sent 150 truck laden aid to Syrians sheltered in southeastern Turkey. NGO official Celal Turkoglu told AA correspondent that they handed out the aid to Syrians who took sanctuary in Turkey but not sheltered in camps, as part of the “Bread and Blanket for Syrians” campaign. He said there […]

FM Davutoğlu says Turkish schools abroad play important representative role

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu has said Turkish schools abroad are playing an important representative role and that Turkish government officials will do everything to support them. Davutoğlu’s remarks came after a series of statements by ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) officials supporting Turkish schools abroad.

Latest News

Fethullah Gulen – man of education, peace and dialogue – passes away

Fethullah Gülen’s Condolence Message for South African Human Rights Defender Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Hizmet Movement Declares Core Values with Unified Voice

Ankara systematically tortures supporters of Gülen movement, Kurds, Turkey Tribunal rapporteurs say

Erdogan possessed by Pharaoh, Herod, Hitler spirits?

Devious Use of International Organizations to Persecute Dissidents Abroad: The Erdogan Case

A “Controlled Coup”: Erdogan’s Contribution to the Autocrats’ Playbook

Why is Turkey’s Erdogan persecuting the Gulen movement?

Purge-victim man sent back to prison over Gulen links despite stage 4 cancer diagnosis

In Case You Missed It

Prove it [that Hizmet linked to graft operation]

Hundreds celebrate Clifton’s diversity at festival

Turkey’s Erdoğan Regime Extends Post-Coup Witch Hunt Targeting Gülen Followers Abroad

Abduction and torture part of war on Gulenists: Report

The Gülen Movement: a modern expression of Turkish Islam – Interview with Hakan Yavuz

Is the Hizmet movement resisting normalization?

Once Shut Down By Taleban, Now Afghan-Turk Schools to be handed over to Erdoğan Regime

Copyright 2025 Insightful Neighbor