Head of Azerbaijan’s Çağ Education Company denies authenticity of letter to Gülen


Date posted: March 5, 2014

BAKU

Enver Özeren, head of the executive board of Azerbaijan’s Çağ Education Company, has denied the authenticity of a letter he had supposedly written to Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen about the Hizmet movement in Azerbaijan, saying that the letter is nothing more than an attempt to pull Azerbaijan into the domestic turmoil that has been continuing in Turkey since Dec. 17 of last year.

 

Government claims that the Hizmet movement forms a “parallel state” in Turkey in the wake of a corruption scandal that hit Turkey on Dec. 17, 2013, implicating Iranian businessman Reza Zarrab, three minister’s sons and other high-ranking officials close to Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, are affecting Azerbaijan, which neighbors Turkey and hosts dozens of educational institutions affiliated with the movement.

According to a Monday report by Azerbaijani news website axar.az, the letter, allegedly written by Özeren to Gülen, said that the movement had set up “cadres” in Azerbaijani institutions and had been negatively affected by the recent developments in Turkish domestic politics.

In reaction to the report, which spread across traditional and social media, Özeren described the letter as “fake,” saying it had been written by people who are jealous of the great success that Turkish educational institutions have had across Azerbaijan up to now.

“What is written in that letter is slander, false and black propaganda,” Özeren said in a press conference held in the Azerbaijani capital of Baku late on Monday.

“It is already 22 years since we [Turkish educational institutions] began operating in Azerbaijan. The main aim [of the letter] is to introduce shady aspects of the Turkish political agenda into Azerbaijan. We are acting within the framework of Azerbaijan’s legislation and functioning in connection with the Ministry of Education. Our activities are known by the relevant institutions of this country,” Özeren said.

He added that he has filed a criminal complaint against those responsible for disseminating the “fake” letter, adding that legal proceedings have been started over the letter, which he said was distributed as a part of a smear campaign against the Hizmet movement.

Source: Todays Zaman , March 5, 2014


Related News

US law professor: Gülen extradition would be unlawful

Seval Yıldırım, a professor of law at Whittier Law School, said in a statement to Today’s Zaman on Wednesday that for the US to extradite Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen without a formal case against him would be an infringement of US law.

Yet another conspiracy against the Gülen movement?

My source informed me that some clandestine figures from the deep state have been working on a project to portray the Gülen movement as having connections with international drug traffickers and international smugglers.

Van NGOs: Calling Hizmet movement ‘virus’ and ‘hashhashin’ unnaceptable

Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) active in the eastern province of Van said in a press conference that the tension experienced in Turkey recently has ruined the country and that any remarks or behavior against the Hizmet movement will not be tolerated.

Turkish Deputy PM Ali Babacan visits Turkish, Japanese schools in Sendai

Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Ali Babacan, during a visit to Japan, on Wednesday visited a Turkish and a Japanese school in Sendai, both of which sustained severe damage in last March’s earthquake and tsunami, the Anatolia news agency reported. Babacan received a warm welcome by the Japanese students of the Matsugahama elementary school in the […]

Guinean MFA: Our People Fond of Turkish Schools

The Guinean Minister of Foreign Affairs Lounceny Fall met with his Turkish counterpart Ahmet Davutoglu in Istanbul on April 5, as a part of his official visits in Turkey. Following the bilateral meeting, the two ministers held a joint press conference. Highlighting the mission that the Turkish schools assumed in promoting relations between Guinea and […]

Turks Seen as Sympathetic to US-Based Muslim Cleric Say They Face Threats

More than a month after Turkey’s failed coup, which its government blames on a U.S.-based Muslim cleric, many Turks seen as his sympathizers say threats from government supporters are complicating their lives.

Latest News

Fethullah Gulen – man of education, peace and dialogue – passes away

Fethullah Gülen’s Condolence Message for South African Human Rights Defender Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Hizmet Movement Declares Core Values with Unified Voice

Ankara systematically tortures supporters of Gülen movement, Kurds, Turkey Tribunal rapporteurs say

Erdogan possessed by Pharaoh, Herod, Hitler spirits?

Devious Use of International Organizations to Persecute Dissidents Abroad: The Erdogan Case

A “Controlled Coup”: Erdogan’s Contribution to the Autocrats’ Playbook

Why is Turkey’s Erdogan persecuting the Gulen movement?

Purge-victim man sent back to prison over Gulen links despite stage 4 cancer diagnosis

In Case You Missed It

Turkish charity calls for increased aid to Gaza

Taiwanese scholar: Hizmet movement wins hearts with education, charity

Fear and paranoia still stalk Turkey two months after the failed coup

Kazakh-Turkish School students win medals in mathematics competition in Brazil

Kanter: You need to know what is going on in Turkey

Review of Dogan Koc’s Strategic Defamation of Fethullah Gulen: English vs. Turkish

President Gül opens Turkish-Kazakh school in Astana

Copyright 2025 Insightful Neighbor