Romanian-Turkish Schools gear up for flood survivors


Date posted: October 27, 2013

Romanian-Turkish Schools’ students donated their pocket money for the past month’s flood survivors in the eastern Romania. Moreover, the students delivered the aid in person to those living in trailer houses. The aid recipients who lamented desolation more than the sufferings the flood caused were in tears upon receiving the supplies.

Efforts to heal the wounds in the aftermath of the past month’s flood have been well underway. Those left homeless are accommodated in trailer houses and have been paid compensation equivalent of their loss.

As expected, the local Turkish schools too geared up for an aid campaign for the survivors. The schools’ students raised their pocket money in order to extend a hand to the needy. The Turkish businessmen engaged in Bucharest on the other hand contributed to the cause by donating goods and money. Kimse Yok Mu Foundation too was involved with its stables supplies, blankets and alike, as winter is around the corner.

When aid supplies in the amount of 12 tons intended for 700 houses in three different towns were loaded the trucks, the volunteer students and businessmen hit the roads for delivery. In cooperation with the local officials, the aid packages were delivered to those in need who couldn’t help crying upon receiving their share. “It’s really hard to bear. I’ve lost all I had to the flood. I have no one to help me. May God accept your efforts,” an elderly female survivor said.

The aid team also visited the houses of several survivors. One of them living in a one-room house with his four-member family related their sufferings: “The overnight flood took away everything we had. There’s nothing we could do. We have sheltered in this house, with my mother, wife and child. I don’t know how we are going to get through the winter.”

Nine fell dead and thousands of residents suffered damage in the past month’s flood that hit the eastern part of the country.

Published [in Turkish] on Cihan, 25 October 2013, Friday

Source: HizmetMovement.Com , October 27, 2013


Related News

Turkish ambassador draws ire as she implies Gülen-affiliated schools in Macedonia raise terrorists

Turkish Ambassador to Macedonia Tülin Betül Kara, has drawn ire following she made remarks last week that shocked the country about schools linked to the faith-based Gülen movement operating there, implying that they were raising students to be terrorists.

Parents Of Afghan-Turk Students To Lodge Complaint Against National Directorate of Security

Students’ parents said they will lodge complaint at the Attorney General’s Office against the National Directorate of Security (NDS) over detaining the teachers of Afghan-Turk schools.

Uplifting Romanian children in need

At a recent event, the children were distributed exclusive gift packs of toys, clothing and stationery. In attendance of the occasion were mayor of Sector 2 of Bucharest, Neculai Ontanu; the renowned Romanian singer, Nicoleta Matei, and Kimse Yok Mu Foundation representative, Orhan Erdogan.

Turkey’s Global Anti-Gülen Crusade Puts Tbilisi in Diplomatic Bind

Mustafa Emre Çabuk is out of prison but not out of trouble. The Turkish national, who for the past 15 years ran a Gülen school in the Georgian capital, Tblisi, is the latest international educator caught up in Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s anti-Gülenist campaign.

Education for Sustainable Development

By Tasmin Mahfuz Dominic Deo Androga was one of the first students who studied here at the Light Academy in Kenya. Dominic Deo Androga, PhD Biotechnology: “And I can say it was one of the best experiences. It was the right choice for me to attend the school there cuz from there I was able […]

Turkish schools are being closed down

Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu stated he had ordered the closure of Turkish schools in 160 countries, arguing that the officials of those schools had sent letters to the leaders of foreign countries in which they complained about the Turkish government. The closure of these schools is a serious step, but the reason for the closure is not based on real evidence.

Latest News

Fethullah Gulen – man of education, peace and dialogue – passes away

Fethullah Gülen’s Condolence Message for South African Human Rights Defender Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Hizmet Movement Declares Core Values with Unified Voice

Ankara systematically tortures supporters of Gülen movement, Kurds, Turkey Tribunal rapporteurs say

Erdogan possessed by Pharaoh, Herod, Hitler spirits?

Devious Use of International Organizations to Persecute Dissidents Abroad: The Erdogan Case

A “Controlled Coup”: Erdogan’s Contribution to the Autocrats’ Playbook

Why is Turkey’s Erdogan persecuting the Gulen movement?

Purge-victim man sent back to prison over Gulen links despite stage 4 cancer diagnosis

In Case You Missed It

Georgia revokes decision to freeze Gulen-linked university’s student intake

TUSKON: Twitter ban a disappointment in information age

Funeral prayer held for Turkish volunteer Zengindemir in Oklahoma City

The gov’t in Turkey is committing genocide

The lethal and bitter aftermath of Turkey’s failed coup

Is PM looking for someone he can pass the blame to?

Pak businessmen asked to attend Istanbul Expo

Copyright 2025 Insightful Neighbor