Turkish Charities accelerate Ramadan aid efforts worldwide


Date posted: July 14, 2013

TUĞBA AYDIN, İSTANBUL

With the arrival of the holy month of Ramadan, relief organizations have rolled up their sleeves to help those in need.

The fasting month of Ramadan, deemed by Muslims in Turkey the sultan of all the months, is considered the most venerated, blessed and spiritually beneficial month of the Islamic year. During this month, prayers, fasting, charity and self-accountability are especially emphasized, and all obligatory religious observances are further encouraged, as this month was called by the Prophet “the month of my people [Ummah].”

For these reasons, Kimse Yok Mu, Deniz Feneri and other charities will offer iftar meals and distribute food packages during Ramadan in all of Turkey’s provinces and provide help to those in need in 103 other countries around the world, according to the Cihan news agency.

Kimse Yok Mu has been distributing aid packages during Ramadan since 2007. Last year, the organization distributed 105,402 food packages in the country, offered iftar meals to 606,000 people in 16 provinces and provided a further 75,000 food packages to 71 countries. The association intends to distribute 110,000 food packages to families in need in 103 countries and offer iftar meals to 500,000 people around the world.

The foundation has raised its Turkey target for this Ramadan and will distribute 178,300 food packages and set up iftar tents in 22 provinces in a bid to feed an estimated 636,000 people. The association has reached out to people from 103 countries to distribute donations made by Turks during Ramadan, Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha.

Kimse Yok Mu accelerated its expansion and networking efforts in 2006. After opening offices in major Anatolian cities, the association now has branches in 28 cities, and expects this number to rise in the near future. Celal Türkoğlu, the head of the organization, told Sunday’s Zaman that Kimse Yok Mu will step up its efforts towards a more livable world and its calls on potential donors to help with the charity’s humanitarian mission.

Note: The story has been summarized. Click the link to read the original one.

Source: Today's Zaman , 14 July 2013


Related News

Fethullah Gulen: Violence can not be a remedy for violence

BAHADIR BERK Interpreting the violent events in France for Aksiyon, Fethullah Gulen said: “Intelligence organizations should work in Turkey more sensitively. Violence should be suppressed even before it gets out of its slot. If you exhaust your power with delusions such as ‘It is possible that these will pose a threat in the future. Let […]

Zaman journalists defy threat of arrest with heads held high

Scattered across a newsroom producing Turkey’s largest-circulating newspaper, the Zaman daily, journalists from the Feza Media Group remain confident while waiting for police officers to come and handcuff them.

Turkish schools behind Turkey’s soft power in Middle East

2 May 2012 / MİNHAC ÇELİK, İSTANBUL Marco Padovan, Italian businessman and a member of the Turkish-Italian Trade and Cooperation Association, said during a round table meeting held in İstanbul on Wednesday that Turkish schools play a crucial role in the increase of Turkey’s soft power in the Middle East and North Africa. Speaking during […]

The end of ‘unshakable’ AKP myth

For the last couple of days, the codes and rules, which have been turned upside-down by Turkey’s ruling AKP, have become hard to keep up with since the AKP was forced to fight a self-created “monster.” The option for a snap election call seems the wisest option for his party but stakes are high over there too if he fails in his traditional “victimization” rhetoric, which worked well in many previous crisis, to convince his electorate.

High court accepts indictment against Cihaner and Gen. Berk

The Supreme Court of Appeals on Friday accepted an indictment concerning a former third army commander and a prosecutor, who is currently a Republican People’s Party (CHP) deputy, accusing the two men of founding and running a terrorist group. 2 March 2012 / TODAY’S ZAMAN, İSTANBUL The action plan details a military plan to destroy […]

Lawyer put behind bars along with 3-month-old baby

An Istanbul lawyer, identified with her initials O.E.H., was put in pretrial detention along with her three-month-old baby as part of an investigation into the Gulen movement, media said.

Latest News

Fethullah Gulen – man of education, peace and dialogue – passes away

Fethullah Gülen’s Condolence Message for South African Human Rights Defender Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Hizmet Movement Declares Core Values with Unified Voice

Ankara systematically tortures supporters of Gülen movement, Kurds, Turkey Tribunal rapporteurs say

Erdogan possessed by Pharaoh, Herod, Hitler spirits?

Devious Use of International Organizations to Persecute Dissidents Abroad: The Erdogan Case

A “Controlled Coup”: Erdogan’s Contribution to the Autocrats’ Playbook

Why is Turkey’s Erdogan persecuting the Gulen movement?

Purge-victim man sent back to prison over Gulen links despite stage 4 cancer diagnosis

In Case You Missed It

Fethullah Gülen Reiterates No Involvement In Turkey’s Controversial Coup Attempt

Erdogan targets Hizmet inspired schools on Africa visit

PakTurk School holds language & cultural festival

Nigerian education minister says Nigeria indebted to Turkish schools

PII Awards Law Enforcement in New Jersey

Fountain Magazine announces essay contest winners

Conference on Gülen’s thoughts on ideal society being held in Pakistan

Copyright 2025 Insightful Neighbor