Bosnia and Herzegovina Court rules that Keskin must not be deported to Turkey


Date posted: December 19, 2019

A court in the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, reversed the decision to deport Turkish citizen Fatih Keskin, who faces a trial in his country for opposing the government of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

A court previously ruled in several cases that such requests could not be fulfilled because no international body had declared that the Gulen movement was a “terrorist” group, HINA reported.

Nedim Ademovic and Senka Nozica, Keskin’s lawyers, confirmed in a statement on Monday that they received the ruling against an earlier decision by the foreign affairs office and the security ministry to revoke their client’s residence permit.

Keskin was arrested by police and placed under constant surveillance at the immigration center near Sarajevo.

An intelligence assessment conducted by the Bosnian Intelligence and Security Agency (OSA) previously stated that Keskin was a threat to national security, the national HINA news agency reported.

But the court was unable to obtain the OSA document to find out exactly what he was accused of.

According to the news portal klix.ba, Keskin left the immigration center on Monday night after almost two weeks of detention.

He said he did not know what kind of threat he represented to the national security of Bosnia and that he would consider seeking redress after speaking with his lawyers.

Keskin is the principal of Richmond Park College High School, based in the Bosnian city of Bihac. He has lived in Bosnia for almost two decades with his family.

After his arrest, reports from the Turkish media linked him to Fethullah Gulen, a Turkish cleric based in the United States who is seen as the leader of a “terrorist organization” that seeks to overthrow the Erdogan government.

During a visit to Bosnia this year, Erdogan asked Sarajevo to extradite Turkish citizens that he considers opponents of his government.

Source: Upnewsinfo.Com , December 17, 2019


Related News

Global Spying Network: Erdogan’s Worldwide Monitoring of Gülen Supporters

In his desire to convince the world that Gülen is a criminal, Erdogan has been demanding that the U.S. extradite Gülen for months. That also likely explains why the Turkish government is currently collecting information from all over the world. It needs incriminating evidence in order to substantiate the allegations against Gülen.

Will Gülen Movement schools offer Kurdish-medium education?

Journalists and Writers Foundation Vice-President Cemal Ussak, regarding the Kurdish-medium education at the Gülen community schools in southeastern Turkey, said “It is a matter of course following the amendment to the current regulation.” Vice-president of Journalists and Writers Foundation, regarded as the institutional face of Gülen Movement, Cemal Ussak brought to minds the fact that the movement’s […]

Newly launched book tells stories of purge victims after Turkey’s July 15 coup

A recently published book tells the stories of people who, following a military coup attempt in Turkey on July 15, 2016, were victims of a government-led crackdown carried out under the pretext of an anti-coup fight.

Armed with automatic rifles, Turkish authorities raid Gülen-linked schools

Inspectors from six different state bodies have raided several schools and educational facilities linked to the Gülen movement as part of a witch-hunt against the group that has been raging since twin corruption investigations targeting the country’s president and his inner circle.

Fethullah Gülen urges followers to stick to path despite attacks

Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen called on his followers on Monday to “just keep walking and not stop” in the face of controversial government plans to abolish privately-funded educational institutions known as dershanes, which assist medium and high school students to prepare for national college and university admission examinations.

PACE concerned over lack of domestic remedy for purge victims in Turkey

Two rapporteurs for the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) on Wednesday expressed concern at the apparent lack of an effective domestic remedy for persons who have been dismissed from their jobs, arrested or detained by the Turkish authorities.

Latest News

Fethullah Gulen – man of education, peace and dialogue – passes away

Fethullah Gülen’s Condolence Message for South African Human Rights Defender Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Hizmet Movement Declares Core Values with Unified Voice

Ankara systematically tortures supporters of Gülen movement, Kurds, Turkey Tribunal rapporteurs say

Erdogan possessed by Pharaoh, Herod, Hitler spirits?

Devious Use of International Organizations to Persecute Dissidents Abroad: The Erdogan Case

A “Controlled Coup”: Erdogan’s Contribution to the Autocrats’ Playbook

Why is Turkey’s Erdogan persecuting the Gulen movement?

Purge-victim man sent back to prison over Gulen links despite stage 4 cancer diagnosis

In Case You Missed It

Lahore High Court orders protection for Turkish teachers in Lahore

33rd Abant Platform: whither Turkey?

Daily Trust Editorial: In Turkey, fresh affront on democracy

AKP turns medical university into its headquarters

Kimse Yok Mu extends help to thousands in Palestine

Anonymous witnesses fail to identify suspects they earlier tipped off as Gulenist

GYV announces the third international family policy conference

Copyright 2025 Insightful Neighbor