Turkey blacklists 68 companies including Germany’s Daimler, BASF over Gülen links
Date posted: July 21, 2017
Turkey has named 68 companies as supporters of the Gülen movement, in a list sent to Germany’s federal police, according to Die Zeit weekly.
The list included a Turkish fast food restaurant and a late-night food store, Die Zeit said.
This was sent to German authorities several weeks ago, the newspaper said recalling that President Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced to have sent 4,500 files on alleged supporters of the movement to Germany and demanded that they be extradited to Turkey.
“In Berlin, the list is described as ‘absurd’ and ‘ridiculous’,” the weekly added. Meanwhile Turkey’s Deputy PM Mehmet Simsek said on Thursday that Turkey is not investigating Daimler and BASF.
At home, Turkey has confiscated 966 companies with assets of $11 billion over links to the movement so far.
Guest post: Turkey and the problem of political continuity
Erdogan has not only replaced thousands of suspected Gulenists in the police force and the judiciary. He has also sought, with mixed results, to make the Supreme Board of Judges and Prosecutors directly accountable to the government.
Witch hunt continues as police raid Gülen-inspired schools across Turkey
In yet another government-orchestrated operation targeting the faith-based Gülen movement, popularly known as the Hizmet movement, police officers and inspectors from several government bodies carried out raids on private high schools and exam preparation schools across Turkey on Thursday.
‘Nigerians and their leaders won’t fall for Erdogan’s harebrained gambit’
…since at least 1998 Turkey has established its presence in Nigeria as one of the biggest outside forces for development in our education and health sectors. Today its 16 non-denominational Nigeria-Turkish international primary and secondary schools spread across Nigeria in Abuja, Kaduna, Lagos, Kano, Ogun and Yobe states – and with plans for more – are among the very best in the country.
Gülen: Alevi-Sunni brotherhood should not be marred by bridge controversy
Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen has put emphasis on Alevi-Sunni brotherhood in comments on an ongoing controversy over the naming of a new bridge to be built over the Bosporus after an Ottoman Sultan who Alevis say is responsible for the killing of tens of thousands of Alevis in the early 16th century. In a […]
Political predictions for 2014
Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is getting lonelier and this makes him more ill-tempered. There are two big risk areas for Erdoğan. One of them is the total war he declared against the Gülen movement for no apparent reason.
Row between Turkish government and Gülen movement heats up with new document
The row between followers of the Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen’s movement of and the Turkish government took another dimension after a daily revealed Nov. 28 that a decision from the National Security Council (MGK) recommending an action plan against the Gülen movement be signed by the government in 2004.
Latest News
Fethullah Gulen – man of education, peace and dialogue – passes away
Fethullah Gülen’s Condolence Message for South African Human Rights Defender Archbishop Desmond Tutu
Hizmet Movement Declares Core Values with Unified Voice
Ankara systematically tortures supporters of Gülen movement, Kurds, Turkey Tribunal rapporteurs say
Erdogan possessed by Pharaoh, Herod, Hitler spirits?
Devious Use of International Organizations to Persecute Dissidents Abroad: The Erdogan Case
A “Controlled Coup”: Erdogan’s Contribution to the Autocrats’ Playbook
Why is Turkey’s Erdogan persecuting the Gulen movement?
Purge-victim man sent back to prison over Gulen links despite stage 4 cancer diagnosis
In Case You Missed It
Gülen’s message on ISIL in UK-based Guardian newspaper
Opposing the majority
Journeys with the Gülen [Hizmet] Movement: 2008-2012 by James Harrington
Fethullah Gülen’s message to “Gülen Movement” conference in Senegal
With Husband Already In Jail, Woman Along With Two Children Detained In Post-Coup Witch Hunt
TV series shooting banned over controversial scene depicting the Prophet Muhammad