Erdogan opponents being monitored in Denmark


Date posted: April 28, 2017

Christian W

Turkish Embassy confirms gleaning information on supporters of the Gülen movement.

According to a letter sent from the Turkish Embassy in Denmark to the Turkish government, opponents of the Erdogan regime living in Denmark are being monitored.

The letter, which the Danish newspaper Kristeligt Dagblad has come into possession of, has been confirmed by Adnan Bülent Baloglu, the embassy’s religious adviser.

According to the letter, the embassy has collected information on four men and 14 schools in Denmark believed to be supporter of the Gülen movement – led by Turkish preacher Fethullah Gülen, who lives in the US and was blamed by the Erdogan regime for instigating the coup attempt in Turkey last year.

“This gathering of information is a state reflex in the aftermath of the terrible coup attempt that led to people being brutally killed. If these people are among us, we have to know about it,” Baloglu told Kristeligt Dagblad.

Baloglu doesn’t see that the Turkish Embassy’s information-gathering exercise is a problem.

“Have any of these people been hurt after the information was gathered? We will ensure that any provocation in our mosques is prevented.”

DF: Expel him 

As religious adviser to the Turkish Embassy in Denmark, Baloglu is responsible for Turkish religious issues in Denmark and advises the 29 Turkish imams deployed to Denmark by the Turkish state.

The news has several politicians calling for action to be taken. Kenneth Kristensen Berth, the spokesperson for Dansk Folkeparti (DF) regarding EU issues, wants Baloglu kicked out of Denmark.

“I’m deeply shaken that a Turkish diplomat displays such contempt for Danish law,” Berth told DR Nyheder.

“It’s completely unacceptable and if it’s true, I can’t see any other course of action other than expelling him from Denmark.”

The news comes on the heels of 60.4 percent of the Turks in Denmark voting to give Erdogan permission to change the country’s constitution and gain more power from 2019 onwards.

And in late March, the Foreign Ministry summoned Turkey’s chargé d’affaires in Denmark following allegations that a number of Danes with Turkish roots fear being blacklisted by the Turkish authorities for speaking out against Erdogan.

Source: CPH Post Online , April 28, 2017


Related News

Turkey’s Ankara Mayor Gökçek Hints ‘Genocide’ For Followers Of Gülen Movement

Melih Gökçek, the mayor of Turkey’s capital city Ankara, has hinted a kind of “genocide” for alleged members of faith-based Gülen movement in an interview. He said that “Completely annihilating Gülen movement in Turkey will take our 10 year. In order to finish them completely we need to transform whole generation.

Kosovo President: Arrest of Gulenists was wrong

Kosovo President Hashim Thaci in a televised interview for T7 admitted for the first time that the arrest and deportation of the six Turkish men suspected of their links with Fetullah Gulen’s movement was wrong. Thaci has earlier publicly endorsed the extraditions, saying the six Turks were a danger to the fledgling country’s national security.

Unscrupulous news reporting by Der Spiegel

ABDULLAH BOZKURT Der Spiegel’s recent article titled, “Dangerous Friends: Power Struggle Splits Turkish Ruling Party,” by Hasnain Kazim and Maximilian Popp, is perhaps the best example of the way in which Der Spiegel misrepresents and unfairly presents the magazine’s biased view of the Gülen movement in Turkey. This unscrupulous news piece may only pass as […]

Cancer patient arrested over Gülen links deteriorates to stage 4 in one month

Fatma Aşkın, a breast cancer patient who was arrested on Feb.14 in the southeastern Turkish province of Gaziantep due to her alleged links to the Gülen movement, has experienced a spread of the disease during her one-month stay in prison and has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.

Turkey’s purges continue a year after failed coup

One year on, Turkey’s crackdown on suspected coup plotters shows no signs of ending – and has now reached human rights workers. Diego Cupolo reports from Ankara.

Deporting Turkish teachers – Why can’t we separate politics from education?

The act of sending to Turkey over 400 Turkish citizens working and studying in the Pak-Turk International School system is highly condemnable. They have been living in Pakistan since 1995 and this is their home now. Their kids were born and brought up in Pakistan. It is heart-wrenching to see that they are suddenly being treated like terrorists.

Latest News

Fethullah Gulen – man of education, peace and dialogue – passes away

Fethullah Gülen’s Condolence Message for South African Human Rights Defender Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Hizmet Movement Declares Core Values with Unified Voice

Ankara systematically tortures supporters of Gülen movement, Kurds, Turkey Tribunal rapporteurs say

Erdogan possessed by Pharaoh, Herod, Hitler spirits?

Devious Use of International Organizations to Persecute Dissidents Abroad: The Erdogan Case

A “Controlled Coup”: Erdogan’s Contribution to the Autocrats’ Playbook

Why is Turkey’s Erdogan persecuting the Gulen movement?

Purge-victim man sent back to prison over Gulen links despite stage 4 cancer diagnosis

In Case You Missed It

A notable award for Mongolian-Turkish schools

Why was I mistaken about political Islamism?

What do people say about corruption, gov’t and Hizmet?

To save itself, Turkish govt stabs hard-won democracy

Acting in ‘Selam’ a once-in-a-lifetime experience for actors

UK Clears Gulenists Of Turkey’s ‘Coup’ Accusations

Woman says she miscarried baby due to stress under police custody

Copyright 2025 Insightful Neighbor