Fuat Avni claims Gülen-inspired schools to be closed due to fabricated auditing standards


Date posted: October 8, 2015

A government whistleblower who tweets under the pseudonym Fuat Avni has claimed a new wave of police raids will be conducted on private and prep schools intended to shut them down temporarily or permanently based on fabricated auditing standards before the Nov. 1 snap election.

Fuat Avni regularly reveals inside information from allegedly secret meetings of high-ranking government officials and has warned of many government-initiated police operations before they have taken place.

He claimed on Tuesday evening that a plot had been devised to close down schools which are sympathetic to the Gülen movement, popularly known as the Hizmet movement and inspired by the teachings of Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen.

According to Fuat Avni, a seminar will be conducted to instruct inspectors loyal to the ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) on the newly devised auditing standards. The inspectors are expected to come from various provinces to attend the seminar, which will be held on Oct. 8 and 9 in Ankara.

“Nabi Avcı was informed of the plot. Although he is tired and unwilling, Avcı was obliged to give instructions to bureaucrats [regarding the plot],” Fuat Avni said, referring to the education minister.

Fuat Avni said President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is “quite angry” about recent news reports regarding his son Bilal and will use the police raids on the schools to divert public attention.

A Turkish daily recently reported that Bilal Erdoğan, a prime suspect in the country’s largest-ever corruption investigations, had settled in Italy with his wife and children following the June 7 parliamentary election in which the AK Party, founded by his father, lost its majority in Parliament.

An increasing number of schools inspired by the Gülen movement have been targeted since the graft investigations, which also implicated Erdoğan and other top AK Party figures, were made public on Dec. 17 and 25, 2013. Then-Prime Minister Erdoğan accused the Gülen movement of instigating the operation in order to overthrow his government. The movement strongly denies the allegations.

Source: Today's Zaman , October 07, 2015


Related News

PM Erdoğan once defended Hizmet, said it was Feb. 28 [military coup] victim

Prime minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, who has recently accused the faith-based Hizmet movement inspired by Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen of cooperating with coup perpetrators during the Feb. 28, 1997 post-modern coup era, defended the same movement at a parliamentary coup commission in 2012, when he said the movement’s followers had been victimized during the coup.

Arresting police to make Erdoğan happy

It is no secret that under the direction of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan police officers who conducted graft operations against his close associates have been detained.

Operation and crossroads: Hizmet movement falsely accused

The delicate position in which the government now finds itself is real, but it is also a fact that the Hizmet movement is being falsely accused.
Those who support the Justice and Development Party (AK Party) and are affiliated with the Hizmet movement do not deserve such an outcome.

Turkey Coup Attempt Leaves America With Stark Choice

In the aftermath of Turkey’s attempted, and failed, coup, Washington is primarily concerned about the future of the U.S.-Turkish alliance and its central objective these days: the fight against Islamic State (ISIS). In particular, U.S. policymakers are concerned about the fate of U.S. access to the Turkish airbase at Incirlik, from which assets used in […]

No measures taken against ‘parallel structure’ at top security meeting: General Staff

The Turkish General Staff has dismissed reports that measures against the “parallel structure” – the government’s code word for the movement of erstwhile ally Fethullah Gülen – in the army have been taken during a National Security Council (MGK) meeting on April 30.

Elvan Foods: Our exports extended to 130 countries thanks to Turkish Schools

Hidayet Kadiroglu, the CEO of Elvan Food, one of the major companies in the chocolate and candy industry said that their exports extended to 130 countries thanks to the Turkish schools all over the world. Kadiroglu stated that they were able to establish factories in first Azerbaijan and then Egypt; they had the opportunity to stretch out to Asian and African markets.

Latest News

Fethullah Gulen – man of education, peace and dialogue – passes away

Fethullah Gülen’s Condolence Message for South African Human Rights Defender Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Hizmet Movement Declares Core Values with Unified Voice

Ankara systematically tortures supporters of Gülen movement, Kurds, Turkey Tribunal rapporteurs say

Erdogan possessed by Pharaoh, Herod, Hitler spirits?

Devious Use of International Organizations to Persecute Dissidents Abroad: The Erdogan Case

A “Controlled Coup”: Erdogan’s Contribution to the Autocrats’ Playbook

Why is Turkey’s Erdogan persecuting the Gulen movement?

Purge-victim man sent back to prison over Gulen links despite stage 4 cancer diagnosis

In Case You Missed It

Refugees from Erdogan’s Turkey seek to make a new life in Germany

TUSKON key in trade with Turkey, top Russian group says

Kerry Tells Turkish Foreign Minister Coup Accusations Irresponsible

Turkey Continues Its Witch Hunt Against Gülen Followers

‘Nigeria, Turkey trade volume hits N250bn in 4 years’

The Hizmet movement, social democracy, the religious left

Kimse Yok Mu receives a letter of appreciation from Uganda’s Office of the PM

Copyright 2025 Insightful Neighbor