Avni: New plot under way to blame Gülen movement for PKK attacks

A screenshot taken from whistleblower fuatavni’s Twitter account. (Photo: Today's Zaman)
A screenshot taken from whistleblower fuatavni’s Twitter account. (Photo: Today's Zaman)


Date posted: August 15, 2015

A whistleblower who tweets under the pseudonym Fuat Avni has claimed that President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and his accomplices have devised a new plot against the faith-based Gülen movement, also known as the Hizmet movement, in which they will place blame for the recent increasing violence across Turkey on the movement.

In successive tweets posted on Thursday, Avni claimed Erdoğan and his bureaucrats are planning to make the Gülen movement, inspired by Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, a scapegoat for the recent fatal attacks by the terrorist Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), adding that a new plot has been put in place via pro-government media outlets that would depict the movement as having pushed the terrorist organization to restart its attacks against Turkish security forces.

The whistleblower said the pro-government media will report that those police officers close to the movement will leak intelligence to PKK terrorists to prevent planned military operations from being conducted against the PKK.

Noting that experienced intelligence and terrorism police experts who had conducted an effective fight against the PKK in the Southeast were reassigned by former Interior Minister Efkan Ala, Fuat Avni said the chief of the National Police Department’s intelligence unit, Engin Dinç, had prevented operations from being conducted against the PKK and radical terrorists the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL). Avni also said the PKK took the advantage of the security gap in the region and stockpiled guns, rockets and bombs in the the eastern and southeastern regions.

Saying the plot against the Gülen movement will be conducted by a group led by Dinç, Avni said as part of the plot the websites of individuals and companies inspired by the movement will be hacked and the group will send orders from those websites to individuals from the PKK. By doing so, the whistleblower says Erdoğan and his clique want to create the perception that the movement was the one that triggered the recent PKK attacks.

Avni also said a hacker named Alper Yılmaz had been brought in from the US to hack the websites of those individuals and companies close to the movement.

Claiming that there is another plot under way against the pro-Kurdish Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP) in which Erdoğan and his cronies want to push the party below the 10 percent electoral threshold by instigating PKK sympathizers to take to the streets, Avni added that the recent PKK attacks are expected to make the HDP lose the support of many voters in the event of a snap election.

The Justice and Development Party (AK Party), one of whose founders is Erdoğan, lost its parliamentary majority for the first time since 2002 after the HDP passed the 10 percent electoral threshold in the June 7 general election.

Avni also said Erdoğan and his accomplices are trying to set the stage for a nationwide state of emergency, further claiming those PKK members close to the National Intelligence Organization (MİT) are behind the recent fatal PKK attacks.

The whistleblower also claimed Dinç had deliberately ignored intelligence and did not take any security measures to prevent successive attacks that targeted HDP rallies and buildings before the June 7 election and the suicide bomb attack in Suruç on July 20. A total of 33 activists were killed and 100 were injured in the Suruç bombing in Şanlıurfa province.

Since the Suruç bombing, there has been a surge in violent confrontations between the government and the PKK in southeastern Turkey. Two police officers were killed by PKK members in Ceylanpınar on July 22 in retaliation for the Suruç attack. The PKK then carried out further attacks on members of the military and the police. PKK terrorists have killed more than 30 members of the Turkish security forces in the last three weeks.

Source: Today's Zaman , August 13, 2015


Related News

Turkish paper says journalist expelled for criticizing Erdogan

“A body linked to the prime minister received a tip that I insulted high-level officials and informed the Interior Ministry (which) decided to deport me,” Zeynalov said by phone from the Azeri capital Baku, adding his application to renew his permit to work as a journalist in Turkey had been denied last month.

First-Ever Comprehensive Biography on Fethullah Gülen

In the first-ever comprehensive biography, Fethullah Gülen: A Life of Hizmet – Why A Muslim Scholar in Pennsylvania Matters to the World, author Jon Pahl gains unprecedented access to Fethullah Gulen’s inner circle as well as to Gülen himself.

3-month-old with oral disease also under arrest as parents imprisoned over coup charges

Under arrest along with his mother since April 27, three-month-old Betul A. has been suffering from oral thrush in prison, her grandfather told Turkish media. With her father, Ali İhsan also under arrest over similar charges, Betul is kept under mother’s care in prison.

Turkish Olympiads Cultural Festival attended by 3 million visitors in İzmir

Nearly 3 million people attended the Cultural Festival of the 11th International Turkish Olympiads, an event celebrating the Turkish language that will bring together 2,000 students from 140 countries this year. The event, which began on Friday, was held by the Turkish Education Association (TÜRKÇEDER) and attracted considerable interest from both visitors from İzmir and […]

Turkey’s Unethical Interference in American (Muslim) Civic Society is Dangerous

The Erdogan government jails its citizens without due process, severely curtails freedom of speech by jailing journalists, and ignores the plight of vulnerable minorities. They are the least credible messengers to warn Americans about their civic duty. The Turkish Consulate’s attempt to use McCarthyite tactics to spread fear and unduly influence American civic life is simply abhorrent and deserves condemnation.

Students from 70 countries share joy of graduating in İstanbul ceremony

Foreign students who have come to study in Turkey threw their caps into the air in celebration at a graduation ceremony held in Istanbul on Wednesday.

Latest News

Fethullah Gulen – man of education, peace and dialogue – passes away

Fethullah Gülen’s Condolence Message for South African Human Rights Defender Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Hizmet Movement Declares Core Values with Unified Voice

Ankara systematically tortures supporters of Gülen movement, Kurds, Turkey Tribunal rapporteurs say

Erdogan possessed by Pharaoh, Herod, Hitler spirits?

Devious Use of International Organizations to Persecute Dissidents Abroad: The Erdogan Case

A “Controlled Coup”: Erdogan’s Contribution to the Autocrats’ Playbook

Why is Turkey’s Erdogan persecuting the Gulen movement?

Purge-victim man sent back to prison over Gulen links despite stage 4 cancer diagnosis

In Case You Missed It

Sultan of Zing: Erdogan’s power trip makes African pit stop

Journalists and Writers Foundation (GYV) gathers all colors of Turkey at iftar

Political Activism for Peaceful Coexistence in Rumi and Gulen

Bulgarian student wins Turkish Olympiad song contest final

Would Gülen want to return to Turkey?

Panel highlights need for new global economic order

Erdoğan’s scapegoats: the West and Gülen

Copyright 2025 Insightful Neighbor